Having car problems? Sign in with your library card number to find repair info by make and model.
Woodland Community Library
+ Branch features
Friends of the Library Bookstore: shop for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours.
+ Statistics & history
2017 service statistics
Visits to library: 49,494
Programs offered: 168
Program attendance: 4,300
Reference questions: 2,951
Ownership: City of Woodland
Square Footage: 2,376
1926: The Woodland Public Library was opened in the current building. The city provided money for the maintenance of the library. Two privately operated libraries preceded the public library, one established by Mrs. Sam Conrad and the other, some years later, by the American Legion and the Men's Club. The Books from the latter were donated to the new public library. The building occupied by the library was built in 1909 on the Woodland school grounds and was moved to its present location when the high school was built in 1922. At one time it served as the school science building.
1954: On February 2 the Council of the Town of Woodland passed Ordinance No. 214 creating a Board of Library Trustees to be appointed by the Council.
1996: Woodland voted to annex to FVRL.
1997: Woodland Public Library became a branch of FVRL.
1997: The upstairs children's room was carpeted, painted and decorated using funds donated by the Phyllis Nevil Memorial Fund.
1998: The downstairs floor of the library was remodeled using FVRL funds and a Swift grant.