July 2018: Camas Public Library and Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries are two separate library systems, but they have shared a catalog for many years. However, this is changing, and Camas will be using its own new catalog by the end of 2018.
On June 26, we started to do some preliminary separation of our catalogs. Here's how it affects FVRL patrons:
- Camas items are no longer listed in our current catalog, although they are still listed in our Classic Catalog.
- If you place a hold on a Camas item, you'll need to select Camas as the pickup location.
- If you place a hold on an FVRL item, you'll need to select an FVRL library as the pickup location.
- Holds placed before June 26 will mostly be shipped to whichever branch was originally selected for pickup. But we may need to change the pickup location for some older holds, and if we do, we'll notify you.
- If Camas has the only copy of an item, but you'd like to pick it up at an FVRL library, you can request that FVRL purchase a copy or request it through interlibrary loan.
For now, FVRL patrons may still use their FVRL cards at the Camas library, and Camas patrons may still use their Camas cards at FVRL libraries.
After the split happens, the next time a Camas patron visits an FVRL library or an FVRL patron visits the Camas library, we'll update their account and issue a new (reciprocal) card. No need to fill out a new application!
Until the end of the year, you may still return items to either library system.